top, right: Mark Richman; bottom, left to right: Calvin Cooper, Chad Adams, Greg Lane Mark Richman, President, Greg Lane, VP of Application Development, Chad Adams, Senior Developer and Trainer, and Calvin Cooper, Developer, are headed to Las Vegas from July 18-21 to participate in FileMaker, Inc.’s annual Developer Conference aka DevCon. They’ll be staying at The Cosmopolitan, host hotel of more than 60 DevCon sessions. They will join over 1,500 FileMaker developers to network, catch up with colleagues and take advantage of the variety of session tracks including core, design, innovation, mobility, business & web, to further their knowledge with tips, best practices, and techniques to continue building powerful business solutions for our clients. Mark and Chad will have the honor to host three of these sessions. SESSIONS:
- Mark will contribute to the business track in his session, Developing a Sales Process, on Tuesday, 7/19 at 10:45am. You’ll get the most from this session, if you believe that influencing others is part of your job, and that repeatable success depends to some degree on repeatable behavior.
- Mark will also contribute to core track in his session, Designing for WAN Performance, on Wednesday, 7/20, 9:00am. To get the most out of this session, attendees should be familiar with most aspects of the FileMaker Platform (i.e. schema, security, structure, and business logic) and should have some experience deploying and administrating FileMaker Server.
- Chad will contribute to core track in his session, Relationships Graph Techniques: Which is Best – and When? on Wednesday, 7/20, 3:45pm. To get the most out of this session, Attendees should have some experience building FileMaker custom apps and be familiar with the concept of FileMaker relationships and the Relationships Graph. Scripting experience will be helpful.
- FileMaker Developer Challenge: Custom Apps for Community
During the conference, small teams will demonstrate their creativity and expertise, competing in an informal hackathon to design simple-but-useful custom apps for three Las Vegas area nonprofits. Learn more here. Skeleton Key’s Chad Adams & Calvin Cooper will participate on team Four Empty Coffee Cups in competition with 5 other teams, creating a custom solution for the Nevada non profit, Foster Kinship. OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Ask The Experts: Tech Support Central – drop in Tuesday – Thursday
- Ask The Experts: Visionary Bar – sign up for a time slot Tuesday – Thursday
- Ask the Experts: Office Hours – sign up for a time slot Tuesday – Thursday
- Women of FileMaker Luncheon, Wednesday, July 20th from 12pm – 2pm at Brera 2/3/5/6
- Exhibitor Showcase, Tuesday, 7/19-Thursday, 7/21
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS – #FileMakerDevCon
About Skeleton Key Skeleton Key helps turn complex, complicated, and outdated systems into true information platforms. Our team of consultants and developers do this by developing custom-fit software tools and reporting dashboards that help businesses find, use, and understand their data, freeing them to focus on and grow their core business. In addition to custom databases and applications, we also provide training and coaching for getting the most out of your existing systems and understanding your unruly data. Skeleton Key is an open-book management company and active player of the Great Game of Business.