- Mark will contribute to the business track in his session, Growing Your Business: Plotting a Course From One to Many, on Tuesday, 7/21 at 10:45am. A basic understanding of simple business concepts (e.g., sole-proprietorships vs different corporate structures; employees vs contractors; income vs expenses) will be useful, but is not essential.
- Mark will also contribute to data modeling in his session, Using One-to-One Relationships, on Wednesday, 7/22, 3:45pm. To get the most out of this session, an attendee should already be familiar with basic database relationship concepts, such as the difference between primary and foreign keys, and one-to-many relationships.
- Greg will contribute to core skills, in his session, Introduction to Server-Side Scripting, on Tuesday, 7/21 at 3:45pm. Experience with writing FileMaker scripts is recommended.
- Greg will also contribute to the core track, in his session, Introduction to SQL and ODBC for FileMaker Developers, on Wednesday, 7/22, 9am. This session assumes no prior knowledge of ODBC or SQL. Experience with FileMaker Pro (including managing databases, managing accounts, and writing scripts) is recommended.
- DevCon Developer Cup, Tuesday, 7/22, 8pm.
Can you parse bad data sources without blinking an eye? Can you build scripts and reports with one hand tied behind your back? Well, show off your skills! This competition consists of 12 pre-selected contestants competing in five rounds of challenges. These contestants will use their FileMaker skills to build quick and elegant solutions to common problems that all FileMaker developers face. Join this event to see who will take Skeleton Key’s, Christopher Schmitz, Champion title and be crowned the 2015 Developer Cup champion! OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Visionary Bar, Tuesday, 7/21-Thursday, 7/23. Join Greg Lane (SK) and colleagues’ Chris Moyer, Lisette Wilson, on Thursday, 7/23, 8a-9a. Complete Visionary schedule on Facebook.
- Women of FileMaker Luncheon, Wednesday, July 22 from 12pm – 2pm at Nolita 1.
- Exhibitor Showcase, Tuesday, 7/21-Thursday, 7/23
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS – #FileMakerDevCon
About Skeleton Key Skeleton Key helps turn complex, complicated, and outdated systems into true information platforms. Our team of consultants and developers do this by developing custom-fit software tools and reporting dashboards that help businesses find, use, and understand their data, freeing them to focus on and grow their core business. In addition to custom databases and applications, we also provide training and coaching for getting the most out of your existing systems and understanding your unruly data. Skeleton Key is an open-book management company and active player of the Great Game of Business.